It is my pleasure to welcome you to Break Through School.
Break Through School is an independent alternative provision located in Belvedere, Bexley. We provide high-quality education and care for the huge range of needs that exists across the behaviour spectrum. We offer a structured environment centred on a meaningful and contextualised curriculum offer. Our clear purpose is to make an enduring difference to our students’ lives, providing them with the knowledge, resilience and skills to enable them to have lasting employment.
We currently have approximately 40 pupils and comprise of the following:
- Two KS3 Classes
- Four KS4 Classes
Young people are at Break Through on a variety of placements from short term placements to permanent placements.
Our community works hard to ensure all of our young people make exceptional progress. Our students succeed because we believe the following;
- Ensure all young people feel safe and secure to learn.
- Have high aspirations of every young person
- Have a highly innovative and personalised curriculum which meets the needs of all young people
- Ensure our staff receive top quality training and development
- Work collaboratively with other schools and partners to share good practice
- Have engaged Directors who regularly challenge and support the school
- Engage with parents/carers and act on their feedback
- We work to ensure all young people have meaningful transitions back into mainstream schools or further education or apprenticeships.
- Continually plan and adapt to meet the needs of our school community
- Work in strong partnership with local authorities and schools to continually raise standards for all our young people with complex behaviour needs.
Safeguarding our pupils is of paramount importance and we work in collaboration with young people, families and local agencies to ensure safeguarding is always at the forefront. We work hard at Break Through to provide a safe and comforting environment for students to thrive in.
Our staff community is highly skilled, and passionate and will welcome you for a visit should you wish to learn more about us.
We look forward to seeing you.
Henrietta Jordan -Head Teacher